The DARCO OrthoWedge is clinically proven to reduce weight-bearing pressure on the forefoot which promotes faster healing after surgery, trauma or when forefoot wounds or ulcerations are present.
The patented construction of the wedge obtains an off-loading mechanism. The weight is notably reduced at the forefoot.
- Post Surgical healing.
- Forefoot trauma.
- Wounds or ulcerations present under metatarsal heads and toes.
- Any situation that requires a pressure off-load of the forefoot.
- Used postoperatively after procedures to correct hallux valgus, hammer toes/tailor's bunions.
- Forefoot ulcerations.
Features and Benefits:
- 15° Wedge Sole effectively shifts body weight to the midfoot and heel.
- Reduces forefoot pressure by as much as 57%!
- Square Toe Design acts as a bumper to protect the toes when k-wires are present and provides better Left/Right fit.
- Ankle Strap seats foot firmly in shoe to reduce heel slippage and eliminate friction.
- Removable Forefoot Closure provides security while eliminating buckle pressure.
- Zoned Outsole has an aggressive tread under the mid-foot where traction is needed most.
- Removable Insole features twice the padding of standard insoles and can be modified as needed. The insole can be totally removed to accommodate DARCO’s innovative Peg Assist™ (PQ Series) customizable off-loading insole.
- 57% Reduction in Metatarsal Head Pressure.
- Peak Pressure drops from 19PSI to 8PSI.
- 75% Reduction in Great Toe Pressure.
- Peak Pressure drops from 17PSI to 4PSI.
- Additional toe cap available.
Pressure and abrasion are the enemies of wound care, the OrthoWedge is designed to naturally reduce the number of steps taken by the patient while still allowing them to ambulate when necessary.
The OrthoWedge has been tested under fire in both clinical and real-world settings and continues to produce outstanding results. When forefoot off-loading is required to allow wounds/ulcerations under the metatarsal heads and toes to heal, nothing beats the OrthoWedge.