A Time Tested Option
Incidences of diabetes are at an all time high with the level of newly
reported cases up a staggering 48% in the last 10 years*. In many cases,
the resulting neuropathic limbs mean that diabetic ulcers on the feet
are a distinct and very dangerous possibility. Since pressure and
abrasion are the enemies of wound care, the OrthoWedge™ is designed to
naturally reduce the number of steps taken by the patient while still
allowing them to ambulate when necessary. The DARCO OrthoWedge has been
tested under fire in both clinical and real world settings and continues
to produce outstanding results. When forefoot off-loading is required
to allow wounds/ulcerations under the metatarsal heads and toes to heal,
nothing beats the OrthoWedge.
used alone, the OrthoWedge Healing Shoe reduces forefoot pressure by as
much as 57% and peak pressure is reduced by as much as 75% under the
Great Toe! ADD ON OPTION: PegAssist Features and Benefits
- Removable pegs allow for localized off-loading of wounds and ulcerations of the foot
- Pressure reduced by as much as 60% while allowing patient to remain ambulatory.
- PORON® Cushioning cover eliminates the incidence of ring edema and edge abrasion.
- Included stabilizer board prevents adjacent pegs from collapsing.
- Available in a wide range of sizes and configurations designed to fit most DARCO shoes
- New Firmer EVA!